Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Application wise load balancing and request routing

Hi,

I have a following requirement:

We have a shared environment wherein Qlikview applications of multiple businesses have been hosted on it however since one of the critical applications is facing performance challenges, we wanted to separate it and assign a dedicated server to it.

Is there any possibility of having only one application hosted on another server and all the requests from users for that application is routed to the other server on which it is solely hosted.

Can we do it without having to purchase additional Qlikview server licenses.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Harshraj Sanghvi

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can any expert revert to the query posted by me.

Thank you.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

"Can we do it without having to purchase additional Qlikview server licenses?" No you cannot. Each new platform requires a QVS to publish documents. And each QVS needs a license. There are two options:

• a cluster license: an extension to your current license that allows you to install a second QVS that together with the first server will load balance the access to documents. You can assign one or more document to a single server if you want.
  • a new full QVS license: the same as the previous but without any clistering/load balancing features. The two servers can be operate in a completely independent way.

For pricing information, please contact your Qlik partner.

Best,

Peter.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Harshraj,

For licensing info, please contact Qlikview Sales Team.

Qlik Helpline: Contact and Customer Service Support | Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for revert.

If I keep only the critical application on the dedicated server and other applications on another server with one of the options stated above i.e. of cluster license or new full QVS license, will I be able to ensure that all the requests from users to access the critical application will go to the dedicated server.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes.

But the method will be different depending on the license.

• In a clustered setup, users will be automatically forwarded to the correct QVS by the AccessPoint which does the load balancing.
  • In a non-clustered environment with two separate QVS installations, users will have to navigate to a different AccessPoint for documents that are hosted on different QVS platforms. Which may be a reason to not select such an architecture.

Peter