Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajap123
Creator II
Creator II

Apply Color map to all charts

Hi Experts,

I want to define a standard set of colors(bar chart properties-->colors tab->Data Appearance section) for all charts in the document.

I clicked on Advanced button and defined some colors and tried to make it document default. But it seems that the changes(all set of colors) are not applied to all chart and are just stored as document default colors.

How can i apply the change to all charts ie using document default color map.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Changing the default document colors will not change existing objects. You'll have to do that manually. Perhaps the Format Painter Tool (from the Design toolbar) can help a bit with that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Changing the default document colors will not change existing objects. You'll have to do that manually. Perhaps the Format Painter Tool (from the Design toolbar) can help a bit with that.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

try to create colour codes in excel sheet and load that in Qliview and try to insert below script  then u will get the same colurs whatevr u expected 

chk below thread aswell

Re:Load colour

ColorCodes:

LOAD ColorNo,

ColorCode

FROM

[$(vFilePath)\ColorCodes.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Let vNumberOfRows = NoOfRows('ColorCodes');

For vI = 0 to (vNumberOfRows - 1)

Let vVariable_Name = Peek('ColorNo',vI,'Expression');

Let [$(vVariable_Name)] = Peek('ColorCode',vI,'Expression');

Next

DROP Table ColorCodes;

NOte: ColourNo {1,2,3...}

ColourCode{RGB(255,255,0).....}

surajap123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Chanty,

Thanks for script.

My requirement is to apply the color changes to all charts at one go(because my dashboard has some 30 charts), instead of manually going to each chart(color tab-> Advanced tab-->update doc default).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Suraj,

Yes, as Gysbert pointed out, the modified document default color will not effect the exist objects. So you know that you must set this value when you start to create the dashboard in the future.

And in your case, the  "format painter tool" helps.  Pls notice that you need to double click on the target object to make the format work.

Zhihong