Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III

Applying section access reductions in Desktop

Hey you all.

Is there any way to apply the section access data reductions in QlikView Desktop without having to close and reopen the document?

It's only for debugging...

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, and that's the whole idea. Section Access security and data reduction is applied only when you open the document, never afterwards or when you reload the data for example. If you ever want to test what impact certain changes in set-up or data source have on your security in QV Desktop, always reload, save, close and open again.

Also kee^in mind that if you edit your document in QV Desktop with a user account that has access=ADMIN, section access will behave differently than in the AP.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

As far as my knowledge the answer is 'NO'... You have to logout and login for the data reduction to take place...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, and that's the whole idea. Section Access security and data reduction is applied only when you open the document, never afterwards or when you reload the data for example. If you ever want to test what impact certain changes in set-up or data source have on your security in QV Desktop, always reload, save, close and open again.

Also kee^in mind that if you edit your document in QV Desktop with a user account that has access=ADMIN, section access will behave differently than in the AP.

Best,

Peter

ramonarcusa36
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you all. I'll close and open.

I supposed it worked that way, I just asked to check out if I was missing something.