Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvc_121985
Contributor III
Contributor III

Approximate Match match in the Same Field

Hi Experts,

I need your help with regard to identifying approximate match in one filed where values are different and can be keep on changing.

For example:

Reference  
ABCD1
CDEF
abcd2
abcd
cdef/1
cdef/2
CDEF.
1234/1
1234/2
XYZ
YZX
1xyz

As i have mentioned reference is uncountable so, i do not know how to use it in wildmatch. i am expecting result must be something like this.

Reference  Result
ABCD1ABCD1
CDEFCDEF
abcd2ABCD1
abcdABCD1
cdef/1CDEF
cdef/2CDEF
CDEF.CDEF
1234/11234
1234/21234
XYZXYZ
YZXYZX
1xyzXYZ

It is not necessary that result should have same that i have mentioned but the row in result field should have the same result(identifier) wherever it is approximate matching for grouping purpose.

So, please help me.

Thanks

Labels (4)
3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

how do you know the logic how to group 

for example why ABCD1,abcd2,abcd are grouped to ABCD1 and not to ABCD

if you have a list of groups you could use wildmatch with some type of loop 

but how do you know the list of results? 

rvc_121985
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @lironbaram 

As i have mentioned in my post. Need not be necessary that my result should be same. But only requirement is  to generate any value that i can club these together.

As you have mentioned "Why ABCD1,abcd2,abcd are grouped to ABCD1 and not to ABCD" , i am fine that all the rows have any one of these ABCD1 or ABCD or abcd or abcd2 or any othere numerical sequence or First value of the Duplicate.

Thanks,

RC

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you wishing to do this in the Script or in an Expression?  If the script, I would check out the following, as I think that will potentially do the trick, but for expression, I am going to leave this for someone that is a better developer than am I.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Scrip...

Apologies if I am way off, my post will kick things back up, so someone else may shout back with further ideas that will be a better fit for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.