cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveenr035
Contributor III
Contributor III

Assign a particular straight table cell to a variable without macro

Hi, I need to extract values from a few straight table cells (based on user selection) and assign it to a variable. I further use these variables as parameters to launch an application. Can some one please suggest if there is a way to do this apart from using macro?

When I use macro to do the same (VB scripting), it's not working for some users when accessed through IE (access point - may be due to full browser version in AJAX, not sure).

Example:

Straight table-

User selects Dim1 value

Dim1, Dim2, val1, val2

Company A, product A, 10, 20

Company A, product B, 30, 40

Assign 1st row 2nd column to variable - v_dim2_row1

Assign 1st row 3rd column to variable - v_val1_row1

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The only way (outside of macro) that I know of is to replicate the same expression, enclosed in the AGGR() function with the same Dimensions, to mimic the chart calculations, and with the artificially "selected" dimension values, to only select a single value out of many.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business - The Expert Guide for QlikView and Qlik Sense

praveenr035
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you.I have a different question now, back to square one! 

I was browsing through forums to launch application (batch file) on qlikview server or run a macro on qlikview, and couldn't succeed. My report in access point is still goes to my local C drive to execute a .bat file. Please suggest or point me in right direction to get this done? Thanks a lot!

marcus_sommer

If you want to trigger your server from the outside you need something like EDX: Using EDX in QlikView 11 - basic example.

- Marcus