Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Attach two Tables

Hi,

I am trying to detach or attach a table.

I have 2 tables and 1 list box and In that my requirement is if i click on the list box only one table should change the other remain constant.Is there any way i can do it by using expression.

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please try alternate states. First create the alternate state and then go to your list table and assign the alternate state.

Not applicable
Author

In the table which you want to remain constant, two things can be done:

1.Either right click and select detach.. In this case the table will remain constant irrespective of any selection.

2.Or add an expression someting like:  Sum({$<[Listbox_field_name] =>}Sales)..... This will not refelect the change on the  selection of that particular field only.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Srasthi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am attaching a file to the initial post.Can u suggest me accordingly.

I want Month Table to remain constant irrespective of making selection in other boxes.

Thanks

Ankit

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Maybe like this.

See the attached.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Asfaq,

Yes this is what I wanted however can you explain me how to do it?

Thanks

Ankit

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

Go to document properties --> General tab --> Click on alternate state and create a new state.

No to to your month chart --> General tab and from alternate state drop down select the state you created above.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

That really helped.

However is there any way that we can do it by Expression?

Thanks

Ankit

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

May be like this.

See the attached

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

What if I select anything from the month(List Box), it should reflect changes to the month(Table).

Can we do it?

Thanks

Ankit