cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tripwireqv
Contributor II
Contributor II

Attempt to lease licence shows no apps on server

TL;dr:  when I get to the window in OpenInServer where I've connected to the server, I get no applications to choose from, and therefore cannot lease a license.  Has anyone seen this/gotten around it?

This is a new server box, hoping to replace an old buggy one with a fresh install.  I've gotten server to work, run jobs, publish to a webserver, however, I will need to use Desktop to edit a few qvws, and I haven't been able to license it.  I have been on the phone with support, they've confirmed the LEF shows there are license to be leased, and we poked around but found no issues in server or desktop installs, and the correct port is open.  My netops guy has peeked at the security, and doesn't see anything different from my actual production server.

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, maybe the user doesn't has read permissions on the files, or section access of the documents is preventing to see the documents.

Have you tried to open with desktop from the same computer that has qlik server installed, and using the same user that runs the services? Do you see any document when accessing using Access Point?

tripwireqv
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sorry, I replied to this from the email, that apparently doesn't work.

I initially was trying it with Desktop installed on the server, then also tried to do this with Desktop on my local computer.  I get the same issue either way - no documents appear in the "connect to server" window, even though the server is indicated in the QVP line and shows up in the box below. 

I do see the apps in Access point, the publisher is running and updating them.  The long list of ports required open are configured.

I have so far shown this to 2 techs as QV support - no one likes winning at stump-the-tech, but that's where I'm at.  We've tried using alternate ID and anonymous.  I have admin control of the box so it's not a permissions issue.  I am running the same version so it's not a version mismatch issue.  We've done a repair to .NET and removed/reinstalled Desktop.  I'm looking for anything else to try.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is most likely going to be that you have no folders marked as browsable, as this is required for the Desktop and IE Plugin clients to be able to see apps via File\Open in Server...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_QlikVi...

Hopefully that may be the issue and this resolves it for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
tripwireqv
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the thing to look at, but I've got the QVW's in the default location - looks like if one mounts a different location, we'd have an option to have it browsable or not, and well, I'm not finding any spot to make a change on the root.