Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator

Audit Logging

Hi,

What is the difference between Audit Logging & Extensive Audit Logging?

What I want to do is identify which objects/sheets users spend most of their times on; so that I can do away with non-useful stuff from my dashboard. And spend more time on building better views for areas users show most interests in.

To be able to achieve this -

1)     Should i Enable Audit Logging or Extensive Audit Logging?

2)     Is there any downloadable QVW that can feed on the log file and present me with the necessary visualization for required analysis?

Regards,

BS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

5 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Bhaskar,

This may help you:

QMC audit/extensive audit logging

Thanks,

AS

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this link

Enable Extensive Audit Logging?

Regards,

Jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hope this helps you.

Document-Level Auditing

What is document-level auditing in QlikView 11?

New optional settings within QlikView Management Console enable administrators to more effectively audit user interactions. Administrators can audit QlikView usage not only at the system level (the entire QlikView Server), but down to the document level.

What are the benefits of document-level auditing in QlikView 11?

Document-level auditing helps administrators improve risk management and compliance. Administrators can improve the accuracy of audit results when conducting a usage audit by tracking which users access what documents, and performing this analysis retroactively.

What information does the audit log capture?

The audit log on QlikView Server captures information such as a time stamp, the name and path of the QlikView document / application, name of the user, type of selection action (e.g., selection, bookmark) made, and information about the type of selection or the application of a bookmark.

bhaskarsharma03
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Amit & Jagan,

Thanks for your replies. The first question in my original post is more or less answered (although it's a pity that not all actions of users are logged).

Any idea about the second question? Is there any application available for download that gives easy and meaningful visualization of the logs generated?

Regards,

BS

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Bhaskar,

If you log each and every event then the performance of the app would be affected, may be that is the reason they are restricted. 

For second question check below link

Audit Logging

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.