Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Auto Reload on QlikView V10 server

Hi All

This may seem trival but we are having problems with trying to reload data into a QV document at a specific point of the day using the auto reload function in the server.

Could anyone explain how they have got this to work, so i can check our set up?

Emma 

7 Replies
MEllinghausen
Creator III
Creator III

Hey Emma,

I Think the Reload funktion ist not to load new data from your DB to the qvw File, this funktion load the document new in the RAM of the server.

If you want to load new data you should run the script. You can also do this with a batch file like  "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r D:\Document.qvw

Marcus

Not applicable
Author

But i have been told this function is avaliable.

The QlikView document is connected via an OLE DB to a SQL Server which i want to automate the process of pulling that data through to the QlikView document.

Currently i am having to reload the document manually on the server everyday. If you could give me any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks

Emma

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

emmabirdsey wrote:

This may seem trival but we are having problems with trying to reload data into a QV document at a specific point of the day using the auto reload function in the server.

What is the specific problem that you're having?  Have you tried to set this up in QEMC?  -Isaiah

Not applicable
Author

The document fails to load.

I have scheduled this on the QMC and ensured that the box is ticked in the document properties.

I have looked on the QMEC but it shows the settings that i have set up for that document in the QMC. Am i missing a step?

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

When you say the document fails to load > is the reload starting and failing, -OR- is it just not starting at all?

Not applicable
Author

It appears to start to load but then an error messgae appears on the QMC:

The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=D:\PLICS\Information\TestReloadv1.qvw.
Aborting Reload. Error=QDSMain.TaskResult
Reload failed.
Reload failed. Distribution skipped.
The task "Information/TestReloadv1.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=4

Is there anything that needs to be written into the script?

Kind Regards

Emma

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

You need to enable logging in the QVW (Settings > Document Properties > General > Enable Logfile) if it's not already and check that log file for more info.  It'll be the same as the qvw filename but with an additional ".log"

Are you using Section Access in the QVW?  If so, does the service account running the Distribution Service have access?  You can test this by logging into the box using those credentials, and trying to open the QVW locally.

-Isaiah