Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Reload with Section Access

Hello, I encountered an error this morning when the auto reload for my qvw failed. I get the error:

Error Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

I just recently(yesterday) added section access to the qvw. My section access call looks like:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

Admin, DOMAIN\ADMIN1

Admin, DOMAIN\ADMIN2

];

Section Application;

Is there a special user for the ntname I have to use to give the server access to the qvw? In searching, I came across this post‌, but that of course is not an NTNAME. Would I just add another line that would be something like:

Admin, , INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER

and then change the top line to: ACCESS, NTNAME, USERID.

Or am I going about this all wrong and missing something simple?

Thank you for your help!

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Stay with ACCESS and NTNAME fields, but make sure that the account that is running the QlikView services (more specifically the QlikView Distribution Service) is listed as ADMIN in the SA table as well.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If the service account is a local account and not an AD account, you can add it by prefixing the accountname with the machine name, like in:

:

ADMIN, MYSERVERNAME\SA_SCHEDULER

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To ensure I get it correct, is the server name exactly as it appears in the QMC? For me it says: QVS@asbqlik. Or would it be with out the QVS@ ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The server name is just the asbqlik part.

Did you define the account that is running QlikView services in the Local Users of machine asbqlik?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I double checked with the admins the QlikView Distribution Service is running on the server machine and it is local.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then go ahead and add ASBQLIK\SA_SCHEDULER with ACCESS=ADMIN to your SA table.

Note that in order to activate this account, the SA table must be reloaded first. But since you cannot do this under QDS control until after the reload is executed (chicken and eggs), you may have to reload in QV Desktop first. Or if you still have a document version without SA, start from that one.

Best,

Peter