cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajitkjain
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Auto Scaling in Bar graph

I have a dashboard showing two bar graph, one showing Current period and another showing prior period for a metrics. In the Number tab of chart property, I have given Symbol format as Liters, K liters.. upon selections, the user see scale difference in both charts where Current period has scale of K liters and the Prior period has the scale of Liters. Upon further analysis, I found that the Current period has a values  above 3500 liters and prior period has values below 3500 liters.

Can someone help me identify how qlikview demarcate the scale change for Liters to K liters to M liters?

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The best I can offer with the information provided is to review the Help contents, it simply states the following regarding the symbols:

In the Symbol edit boxes symbols for unit, 1000, 1000 000 and 1000 000 000 can be entered.

As far as the rounding etc., that is going to be in the other chart property settings I believe, so in order to really look into things further, we would need an example QVW file in order to look at things in greater detail to try to see what is going on behind the scenes.  

The only suggestion I can make is to lock you scaling in place on the Axes tab settings of both charts to ensure they display the same and only adjust when above those bounds etc.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.