Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatic generation of reports

Hi everyone

My internal clients are so happy with QlikView that they are asking if it is possible for an application to print out a expense report every month and send it via email to management. They want to:

1. Generate an expense report for every month e.g. July and each department

2. Export it to pdf

3. Send it to a list of email addresses

I have tinkered a bit with the Report editor, looked at Help files and this forum and have a notion that I need to create a macro.

Dont have VB or Java script experience but am willing to look through the API Guide. Can anyone help me pinpoint what type of macro I should look for or create?

Or better yet, does Qlikview offer the method of generating and exporting a report on a time period basis?

any thoughts are welcome!

Thanks!

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amar,

I know this is an old post but I got around to trying you macro and I can get it to run fine through the client but was not having any luck geting it to execute through the IE Plugin on a 2003 server. It appears to hang in creating the PDF file. I am attempting this under 8.5. Would you have any insights on getting this to run through the plugin?

Regards,

Greg

nicole
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I have the same problems with printing PDF via macro. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks & regards,

Nicole

suniljain
Master
Master

For Auto Generation and Mailing of Report You Requires Following Step.

1) For Month and Department Report You Have to Use Macro To Create PDF For Each Department.

2) You Have to Save Deaprtment and Monthwise PDF To Particular Location

3) Send That PDF in Mail With the help of SMTP Server.

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Nicole,

Pls check Attached file. It Help you. stiil you have any query pls reply me.

Regards

Sunil Jain.