Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatic reload of empty QWV

I want to reload in batch a QVW with only a few records in it. Purpose is to obtain a small QVW that we can transfer via internet for bakcup.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you only want a backup you can use the reduce data to remove all data, or even better export the document layout as xml. This way you'll be able to use a versioning system to be aware of the change history of your document.

Not applicable
Author

OK; but do you know how to automate this with a script file (batch).

thx

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

You can select any value with few records (say for example, one day), then go to File menu, Reduce Data, Keep possible values. That will remove from your document all records that are not associated with the value you have selected.

If you have QlikView server, you can create a copy of your document where you only load one day (say today) or one customer, with same script and objects.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

But in fact I would like to have a automatic creation of my QVW file. Onw with the full operational data load, and a second one with the reduced data load.

And a second question is , is this possible via the CMD Windows command file : with QV.EXE command with parameter ?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

There are several parameters you can use for qv.exe. All of them are in the documentation, but you can check this post.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

THX. That what I need .

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am trying to run command line syntax from Windows Parallels and would like to see the post you reference in this discussion, but the post appears to have been removed.  Do you still have access to it?

Thanks,

Kim