Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AH
Creator III
Creator III

Average selling price Calc

Hi,

I have a requirement like this: Calculate Average selling Price of Instruments. I am using expression like this but its giving me wrong Average.

=num(Sum({<ItemID={'XT, GT'}>} [TotalLineAmountInReportCurrency])/Count({<ItemID={'XT', GT},Qty>}Distinct InvoicesourceCustId),'$##,##0')

I am Having Problem putting the Qty in the expression.  But i have to count/sum the Qty to get the average price.

Count/sum for quantity? Any feedback would be a great help.

Thnaks,

Shan

8 Replies
Not applicable

use avg(aggr(yourexpression,fields))

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Are you trying to do this calc?

(Sum(Amt)/Count(CustID))/ Sum(Qty)

Is XT and GT two different ItemIDs? Then add quotes around each ItemID like below

=num(

(Sum({<ItemID={'XT', 'GT'}>} [TotalLineAmountInReportCurrency])/Count({<ItemID={'XT', 'GT'}>}Distinct InvoicesourceCustId)) / Sum({<ItemID={'XT', 'GT'}>}Qty)

,'$##,##0')

AH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your reply but I dont get it what you said.

Thanks,

Shan

AH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The expression looks convincing but its not working.

Thanks,

Shan

anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Can you post sample data and expected output

AH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anbu,

Thanks for your reply.

I need to calculate the average for (CCP and CSA combination) , and (X1 and X25 Combination) . Please find the attach data file.

The expected average for 1st combi should be around 1500 and for the second combo should be around 5000. But Thats just an idea i got from BA. Its not the exact figure any ballpark range should be fine if the calculation is ok.

Thanks,

Shan

Not applicable

Hi ahmed

quick question, what does Qty measures as I would assume that we looking at quantity of items, but you have negative values in your data source, Once I understand that I bliv we can come up with an appropriate formula

Kind Regards

Dlamini

AH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Dlamini,

Qty is the Quantity. Dont worry about the negative amount. Just consider them as Just number.

Thanks,

Shan