Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

BAR CHART ISSUE

Attached are the Dashboard, QVD and the issue image.

I have a Bar Chart with ValueList dimension and I am shoing 4 Quarters.  Each Quarter is a bar.

Then for each Quarter I have an expected value which I wanna show as a Line above each Bar.

Right now I am showing the expected as circles but they are not working either .

Please see  the attached image I would like to accomplish

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Look at the lower straight table. That's what your 'Q2 Expected' expression returns.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Please try to avoid posting multiple times the same request, which makes it hard to follow a discussion.

what about the solution shown in your other thread?

https://community.qlik.com/thread/191626

Not applicable
Author

That solution didnt work, I attached the Dashboard , QVD and the Image.  Can you please help me out with that

swuehl
MVP
MVP

'Didn't work' is not very helpful.

There was an issue with the negative / positive signs of the error bars calculation, I've corrected that in attached sample.

Not applicable
Author

Thanx for the resolution. One last thing is when I select Oct or Nov its great but when I select  months less then Oct, like Mar or April, Error Bars are messed up .

Any Suggestions

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Seems like the error bars are messing up the automatic scaling when the error bar position is much lower than the bar height (like for the first few months).

I've added a custom max axis scale calculation to fix this, you might need to adapt this to your data as appropriate.

Not applicable
Author

Still the same result and is there a way to see values of error bars as pop up?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you describe a bit more detailed what the issue is?

With the latest QVW, I see this for March / April:

barchart1.png

barchart2.png

Seems quite ok to me.

If you want to see the expected values, you can either use a straight table chart as in my sample, or create another expression with only 'text as pop up' display option enabled.

Not applicable
Author

if u see that the  orange bar has the line at the bottom why is that??

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Look at the lower straight table. That's what your 'Q2 Expected' expression returns.