Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

BUG IN LINE CHART WITH SYMBOLS DOTS

bugQV.png

9 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share your app? Would like to look into it why it is doing?

Not applicable
Author

hi here is the qlikview

this example has few values (see script editor, load inline)

but when i have more than 100 values, it shows lines instad of circle symbols

Not applicable
Author

this example has few values (see script editor, load inline)

but when i have more than 100 values, it shows lines instad of circle symbols

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Not sure why. Can you send me your actual App with more than 100 values if possible?

Not applicable
Author

Yes sure, here i send you another qvw which reads from an excel. i also attach excel.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Yeah I am not sure, I tried selecting the field prom and i could select only 202 rows of that field, after any selection, it is displaying the line, I thought it is due to the value and dots getting overlapped and looking like a line, but its not. May be some one else might help. I am not pretty familiar with LINEST_M and other functions used in there.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It is a QlikView feature that you can adjust in Desktop and also in the server, that is the number of dots you want to show in a chart by default. The reason behind is that the more dots, the more hardware resources you use, so you can limit this, by default to 100. Increase this value and you will see the dots normally (see attached1 your app just open in my Desktop).

Also, so many dots in a very small space may be more confusing that helping, so converting to a line is not that bad idea.

For server settings check attachment 2, below.

Attachment 1:

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 21.40.52.png

Attachment 2:

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 21.44.19.png

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Thanks Miguel, was very long time i have seen this User Preferences max symbols. Thanks for your response.

Not applicable
Author

the solution helped me! thanks!