Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Background Color Expression not working as expected in Pivot table

Hi All,

I am getting an issue in applying the Background color to a pivotted dimension (Branch in attached file). I am using below expression

in Background color expression, but it is working Branch values BR002 and BR003, I think this is because of all values in first record,

=Pick(Match(Branch, 'BR001', 'BR002', 'BR003'), Red(), Green(), Blue())

If I select Product X then all background colors are applying as expected since it has values for all Branches.

I think it is bug, please let me know if there is any solution or fix for this. 

Henric Cronström Josh Good please look into this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jagan.

21 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I think it could be a bug with pivot table.

Works fine with straight table..!

May be upgrade to SR9 will fix this.

Did you try with SR9 ?

Regards

ASHFAQ

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi Jagan,

Two points to be noted:

1. If your sencond dimension contains null (possibly only against the first dimension) then the issue comes.

I have added some more values to remove nulls in the table and it worked fine.

Screen Shot 11-17-14 at 10.56 AM.PNG.png

Screen Shot 11-17-14 at 10.58 AM.PNG.png

2. If you pull down your dimension to rows it works as expected (even with nulls)

Screen Shot 11-17-14 at 11.00 AM.PNG.png

But yes, an explanation(may be from qlik) of the behavior would be very helpful.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi,

If you add some rows it works as expected, I did the same by adding 0.0000000001 for BR002 and Product A, it is working as expected for BR002, but in my real data I have many dimensions and thousands of values in each dimension.  So it is not possible to change changing the data in my real application.

Regards,

jagan.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Jagan,

I took a quick look and wasn't able to resolve the issue.

-Josh

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi jgd,

How to proceed on this?

Regards,

Jagan.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Jagan,

I would recommend you contact support. This is the best way to determine if this is a bug or if it is working as designed.

-Josh

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Josh,

We already raised a ticket to support, just wanted to check whether is there any workaround for this.

Regards,

jagan.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Jagan,

I wasn't able to find one or figure one out.

Sorry,

Josh

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Josh,

I too tried for the past few days without any luck.  Within how many days Qlik will resolve this?  I raised the ticket few days back.

Regards,

jagan.