Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar Chart Dim / Expr. swap

Hi,

I have a chart (attached below) called Current Chart. I need the Dim and Expr. swapped. The Chart I need is also attached below called result.

I have tried putting the expr. as a calculated dim but that does not seem to work.

Can anyone help?

Thanx in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You'll have to do a bit of trickery with a calculated dimension using valuelist and a nested if or pick-match combo in the expression. See attached qvw for an example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Maybe I must put my question in a diffrent way.

I have the below table ( Straight table)

Category Usage 4 weeks Usage 12 weeks Usage 52 weeks
Beer Overall Water Usage Ratio 0.00 0.72 1.35
Overall Water Usage Ratio 0.00 1.00 2.87
SSD Overall Water Usage Ratio 0.00 0.00 0.05

I took this table and converted it into a pivot and moved the Cateory below the three expressions that looked like this:

Usage 4 weeks Usage 12 weeks Usage 52 weeks
Category Beer Overall Water Usage Ratio Overall Water Usage Ratio SSD Overall Water Usage Ratio Beer Overall Water Usage Ratio Overall Water Usage Ratio SSD Overall Water Usage Ratio Beer Overall Water Usage Ratio Overall Water Usage Ratio SSD Overall Water Usage Ratio

0.00 0.00 0.00 0.72 1.00 0.00 1.35 2.87 0.05

Now my graph should look exactly like this. A bar for the 4 Week period but stacked by the categories and the same for the 12 and 52 weeks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You'll have to do a bit of trickery with a calculated dimension using valuelist and a nested if or pick-match combo in the expression. See attached qvw for an example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert.

Thanx a million for your help. This is exactly what I need. I will modify and insert it into my model.