Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brettaustin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Bar Chart Horizontal Scroll Bar Moving on Filter Change

Hello Team

I have a Bar Chart with a horizontal scroll bar (limit to 5 viewed at a time) with the dimension being the  report date.  When I change the Team I am viewing, the Months currently viewed on the visual changes to a different month. 

Current Issue:

1. Selected Filter: Team A
  2. Visible months: Jan - May
  3. Change Filter: Team E  
  4. Visible months:  Oct - Feb  <==== Should be Jan - May

This is highly annoying when presenting the dashboard to management.  Any thoughts on how you would keep the current (or highest month) from changing?

Desired Outcome:

1. Selected Filter: Team A
  2. Visible months: Jan - May
  3. Change Filter: Team E  
  4. Visible months:  Jan - May

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brettaustin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI Brett (great name btw)

It appears that after mindless hours and pain, I figured out a resolution.  As to why Qlikview behaves in the manner it does, I have no clue.

Solution:

1. Sort: 

1a. unclick 'State' as sort

1b. Numeric: Descending

2. Presentation (Chart Scrolling):  Unclick 'Reverse'

See attached - Thank you for your assistance!

Brett

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only workaround of which I can think is to use bookmarks instead of what you are attempting to do currently.  I am not sure whether the bookmark stores the scrollbar locations though, so that may be limitation there.  I would recommend checking the Help doc to see exactly how things are designed to work there, so you know what the expected functionality should be versus what you are seeing...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Content/QV_HelpSites/Home.htm

More specifically:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Bar_Chart.htm#a...

It looks like the positioning should be maintained, but likely need the QVW file or a sample to look at things to be sure you have not done something else that is causing the issue to occur.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
brettaustin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI Brett (great name btw)

It appears that after mindless hours and pain, I figured out a resolution.  As to why Qlikview behaves in the manner it does, I have no clue.

Solution:

1. Sort: 

1a. unclick 'State' as sort

1b. Numeric: Descending

2. Presentation (Chart Scrolling):  Unclick 'Reverse'

See attached - Thank you for your assistance!

Brett