Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Bar chart Properties - Totals and change axis

Hi community,

I'm facing a issue that i can't solve or finding a turn around.

I have this bar chart:

qlik1.png

I want to add totals for the end of year. If i go to Properties ---> Dimensions limits-----> in 'Options' block and mark Show Total it gives me the expected result. The trick is, i want to display the total in right y axe. Anyone has any idea how to go turn around this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Bruno Paulo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

If anyone has this problem, the solution is get 2 objects and use white text boxes in order to fill the gaps because they cant have same size in order to get same width on the bars. And use transparency (Colors menu) and position 1 of them in bottom (layer menu). Isn't absolutely perfect but it was the best i can. Maybe with some more efford u can a bit

more.

qlik3.png

Best Regards

Bruno

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

On the Axis tab, select the expression and check the Right (Top) option in the Position section.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I have 2 expressions and i want the sum of all months in a single colum called Total.

So if i change the axis wont give me the result that i expect. On top of that, When i go to dimensions limit and mark the total there isn't a expression to do what you suggest.

Maybe i'm not making myself clear. So please see the image below.

qlik2.png

I want this but with the Total on right axis. I got this graph selecting show total in dimensions limit menu.

Anymore idea?

Thanks anyway.

Bruno

brunopaulo
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

If anyone has this problem, the solution is get 2 objects and use white text boxes in order to fill the gaps because they cant have same size in order to get same width on the bars. And use transparency (Colors menu) and position 1 of them in bottom (layer menu). Isn't absolutely perfect but it was the best i can. Maybe with some more efford u can a bit

more.

qlik3.png

Best Regards

Bruno