Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar chart

Hello everyone.

I would like to know if it is possible to create a graph of this, that when the bar is

too large the values pass into the segment automatically. Or the opposite, I set

up a chart with the values inside the segment and when the bar is small the

values appear on the bars.

grafico.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Marcio,

I use the text color expression of the line expression to hide the text when it is not needed.

BarLabel2.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

I don't think you will be able to achieve this using the inbuilt QlikView functionalities.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In my experience, having values displayed next to the bar usualy auto scales unless you change a whole bunch of properties and custom layouts.

Does the usual scaling cut off your values or is that your requirement to make the unusualy large bar stand out?

If your chart is getting cut off, I'd suggest recreating the bar chart using the required dimension and expression and see if it displays all vaules. Then add on the formatting and see what causes it to get cut off.

As you can see below, the chart displays correctly and does not get cut off...Qvw attached as well.

Test_bar.PNG

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Something like this? See atached

BarLabel.png

Not applicable
Author

May be you can try like mentioned in attached image.

Define your axis range

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's it, Stigchel.

You used bars and lines.

I tried to reproduce, but it did not look the same. The values appear within the segment and on the bars. What did I stop? Follows attached.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Marcio,

I use the text color expression of the line expression to hide the text when it is not needed.

BarLabel2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Stigchel.

Okay, it worked.

Thank you.