cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar graph without stacked values

HI All

Another Newbie question

I have a chart which is set as a bar.  There are three dimensions and three expressions.  When the chart shows the axis are correct but I can only get a stacked graph with the expressions in and I would like for there to be a bar per expression for comparison purposes.  How do I set this up?

Another thing I am trying to do is set-up a datagrid at the bottom of the chart as you can do in Excel- is there a way to do this?

Thanks

qview chart.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In the dimensions tab try too remove one of the dimensions, so you only have one dimension left.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

I have it as grouped- and it still has my series stacked on top of each other- and thus my question.  How do I get it to treat each expression as a bar instead of stacking them as the grouped function does not seem to work

Not applicable
Author

In the expressions tap are they ungrouped?

Not applicable
Author

Nope- should they be?

Not applicable
Author

Well, if they are grouped I dont think u can switch between Grouped/Stacked in the Style tab, unless you have one expression outside the group also. Further more u should not be able to show what u posted, so probably it is something else, but just be sure in the expresions tab it should look like this:

and NOT like this:

Not applicable
Author

And why I am so confused- with the above settings I get this graph- stacked bars instead of side by side.

qview chart.jpg

Not applicable
Author

In the dimensions tab try too remove one of the dimensions, so you only have one dimension left.

Not applicable
Author

That works, but then it means that this lacks the ability to do some of the graphs I currently do in Excel.  I'll have to play some more and see if I can get this to work like I need it to.