Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Barchart: Is it possible to show Dimension Values within 2 Lines (Text Break)

Hello everybody,

is there any possibility to have Page Breaks in my Dimension Values, in order to see the Description of every single Dimension Value in two seperate Lines?

It sometimes occurs that the Description of Dimension Values are pretty Long and would let the Legend of a Bar Chart look really big.

Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Legend - yes.  See chart properties, tab Presentation, Legend settings button is on the top right.  You can use "Wrap Text".

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Michael, thanks for your Reply.

But there ain't a Possibility to wrap the Text of  Dimension Values right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phillip

• Presentation tab
  • Multiline settings
  • Wrap Cell Text

Best Regards,     Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, there is no way to warp on axis, as far as I know.  The best you can do is to use "Limit Legend (Characters)"

lorenwood
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello all, I think I found a certain way this can be accomplished, For example if the field is long and there is an identifier in the field like an "-" or '_' you can use a subfield expression in the data model to break out the long field into 2 fields.  Then take the two fields in your chart and create a calculated dimension like for example : [Field1] & chr(13) & [Field2) to create 2 rows in your specific field.  I tried this an it worked for me!  Hopefully this helps!

Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Hello,

I thought that you are talking about the values on X-Axis.

If this is the case, using settings legend (from
Presentation) would not help. Instead you have a possibility to use ”truncate label
“from  X-Axis tab. If a “pop-up label” is
checked then you could use the pop-up text to view the long name (see
attached).

/jo

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you guys!

Interesting workarounds. They sound worth trying out!

Regards!!