Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Based on User Department Can I Filter Results?

Based on User Department Can I Filter Results?

Suppose 'XX' user having rights on Department A, and Department B,Then whenever he opens the qvw he should only able to see his departments A and B. Not others.Same way for other users also...

is therer any possibilities?

Regards

Muthu

10 Replies
ipauldur
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Yes, it is possible you can define the section access script for giving the user rights.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks duarai

Can u give any sample file... So that I can implemment based on that..

ipauldur
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Hope this will help.

Not applicable
Author

What is the userid and password

ipauldur
Creator
Creator

Sorry, i forgot to tell you,

Username:ADMIN

Password:ADMIN

For checking the section acces, you have to check the option "Initial data reduction beased on section access" ,available on Settings->Document properties->Opening tab.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Durai,

One doubt could you please clear?

When i will try to log in as a user then QV file will load the corresponding data into the report.

So my point is here whether through section access QV loads only needed data to QV memory w.r.t the user or QV loads all the data by default mechanism and then filters according to the user access?

Thanks & Regards,

Mahasweta

ipauldur
Creator
Creator

I think , Qlikview loads only needed data into memory based on the user login, Why i am saying this, if we login as a user then the application performance will be high compare with the admin user login.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a ton durai for the quick reply.

Colud you please let me know how to show this performance technically,( i mean to say we have to confirm the client on performance) ?

Could you please let me know any other way around to improve the selective data loading to QV memory?

Thanks,

Mahasweta

ipauldur
Creator
Creator

Hi,

If we have the largesize application and has the access on client pc's then we can feel this performance issue based on logins.I don't know any other way to prove it.

You can reduce the data based on selection,

For example first select "South region" then select, File->Reduce Data-> Keep possible values, this will show only the data related to South region.

For getting the all region values again you have to reload the application.

R u expecting this?

Thanks,

Durai.