Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join this live chat April 6, 10AM EST - QlikView to Qlik Sense REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giovane
Creator
Creator

Batch File to Run a QlikView Personal Edition Document Doesn't Work

Fellows,

I've created a batch file to run a QlikView Personal Edition app - Data Extraction:

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "GeradorQvdsCriativa.qvw"

Surprisingly it doesn't work, as you can see in the attached file. The same batch was used in another situation, though, on a windows 7 based computer. In this case I'm trying for running the batch file on a windows 10 computer. That's the only difference I saw. 

May someone help me, please?

Giovane

 

 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Manually run the script from QlikView Desktop first, always.

It could be a lot of things that change between user accounts and computers, to list a few:

  • Shared folders
  • Mapped drives
  • Rights on paths, files or resources
  • Missing files (QVW, QVD, CSV, others)
  • Must_Include not present
  • Other include files not present
  • License not working (Personal Edition does not transfer to other Personal Editions of QlikView Desktop)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Manually run the script from QlikView Desktop first, always.

It could be a lot of things that change between user accounts and computers, to list a few:

  • Shared folders
  • Mapped drives
  • Rights on paths, files or resources
  • Missing files (QVW, QVD, CSV, others)
  • Must_Include not present
  • Other include files not present
  • License not working (Personal Edition does not transfer to other Personal Editions of QlikView Desktop)

View solution in original post

Giovane
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your contribution, Miguel...

Let's take a look at your suggestions:

Manually run the script from QlikView Desktop first, always.

As you can see in the attached file bellow - Look at Picture 1 -, data extraction runs succesfully, when manually done. It works. When you look at time elapsed, you see, in this attachment, over than 25 minutes.  Looking to the previous attached file you can see only 1 second for the elapsed time, showing the extraction didn't work.

In the attached file yet, you can see Picture 2. It shows you the location of the batch file - ExtratorDados.bat - and the .qvw file for the data extraction - GeradorQvdsCriativa.qvw. When manually started, GeradorQvdsCriativa.qvw runs as expected. When started by the ExtratorDados.bat, GeradorQvdsCriativa.qvw doesn't work, and the result may be seen on Picture 3, in the same attached file.

Can you see any other way to solve the issue?

Thank you

Brett_Bleess
Support (Former)
Support (Former)

Are you certain the batch call is using the same account you are logged in as when you run it that way?  What would appear to be occurring is the batch process is likely kicking up the user key change dialog would be my hunch based upon what you describe, which would indicate the account being used to run the batch call is not the account under which the app was opened in Desktop etc...

Here is Help link on Personal Edition to review to be sure you have followed all of the guidelines, but I would definitely confirm the account that is actually running the batch process, as I am betting that is the issue here.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QlikView_Person...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Giovane
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, Brett...

Thanks for your attention. Batch file run when I changed the user. The original QlikView application has written to an active directory domain administrator user. As I run the same application rewritten to an local administrator user all worked as expected. I concluded the issue has dealt to a permission question. 

Best regards.

Giovane

 

Giovane
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, Miguel...

In the end, you got the answer. Batch file run when I changed the user. The original QlikView application has written to an active directory domain administrator user. As I run the same application rewritten to an local administrator user all worked as expected. I concluded the issue has dealt to a permission question. 

Best regards.

Giovane