Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoojaYadav
Contributor II
Contributor II

Batch file to copy files from local to FTP server

Hi Guys

I am saving a table to excel file on local machine by running a macro and now I need to upload that file to FTP server.

Please guide me how to write a batch file to copy file from local to FTP server , what is the required command or path syntax.

Or if there is way we can directly pass the path in the macro ?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Believe you are looking in the wrong place on this one!  You would need to allow EXECUTE in the load script for starters:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Scrip...

Once that is enabled you would need to run command line most likely which would be something like c:\cmd.exe -c and then your .bat/.cmd file with your FTP commands.  The -c on the cmd.exe tells things to close everything up once the .bat/.cmd completes.  For specifics on the FTP command, you are likely better off doing a Google search on the FTP server being used to get the correct syntax etc.  Hopefully this gives you a way to move this one forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.