Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II

Batch file will not start qvw load proces

Hi,

I created a small simple .qvw which load manualy perfectly.

I created a .bat file which starts qlikview / R and should trigger a reload.

When I run this bat file ( as administrator but also when run as a user) it will open the .qvw start the load proces but immediatly end the proces, in the log script data ends with Process ID and then Execution Finished, without even starting to load the variables on the main tab.

There is no hidden script and security settings and can execute external programms are al set.

Anyone any idea ?

Kind regards,

Linda

Labels (2)
6 Replies
gmoreau
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi

I have exactly the same.   on Qlikview 12,  

on others PC on qlikView 11 (not upgraded)  same batch file, the  load process run fine.

No idea for the cause.

Regards

Guy

rubenmarin

Hi, to confirm that the sentence to reload is configured as :

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /R "PathToDocument\DocumentName.qvw"

- You can enable log of the document to see if it starts loading and why it stops.

- Confirm that the credentials executing bat has Qlik license and permission to read/write the document.

- Also try to execute bat with the same user that can reload manually.

gmoreau
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Bonjour,

Le journal est bien sur activé.  il est généré à chaque lancement (manuellement ou non).

mais quand l'appli est lancé à partir d'un batch, il ne contient que la vingtaine de ligne "system" , ensuite plus rien.

normalement la suite qui commence par les set  de format etc , et  tous les load, les traitements n'y sont pas, et aucune information de pourquoi ca s'arrête.

Lancer manuellement tout y est . (j'ai comparé les lignes "systeme" , à part le Process ID , elle toutes sont identique, en particulier la ligne 'Reload Executed By ....' , le même dans les deux cas.

NB. lancer par batch, les tables ne sont pas purgées, normalement, dans le cas d'un  plantage, elle devrait l'être. comme sauf si demande d'un load partiel, ce que je ne demande pas. Y aurait 'il un partial relod par défaut ? j'en doute il y aurai dans le journal au moins les SET format du début.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Along the lines Ruben was pursuing, I would venture either the user launching things and calling the .bat file does not have license for QlikView applied, or if the script is progressing, the issue is most likely then related to an ODBC connection or something to which the user does not have access, so be sure all ODBC DSNs have been configured as System and not User in that case, as that should allow any user to make calls to the DSNs then.  Those are the only thing of which I can think, really need to see the script log in order to provide further information on things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

I saw this after an upgrade to April 2019 SR1 and create a case to Qlik in nov 2019. This has confirmed as a std bug and it got id QV-18862.

Do not know the status and if it has been corrected after that.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks a million for the defect ID, I was able to go look that up, turns out there is a workaround for it, but the fix is coded in the soon to be release 12.50 track too.  The workaround is to add the following setting to the Settings.ini file:

BackupBeforeReload=1 to 0

Hopefully that will do the trick in the interim.  The location of the Settings.ini for Desktop and QVB are below in respective order:

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch

Sorry I was not aware of this one, so thanks again for the heads up on the defect, much appreciated!  Oh, and the setting needs to go under the [Settings 7] tag area, almost forgot to mention that part.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.