Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Batch file & windows scheduler

Hi,

Please suggest how to create a batch file to reload the dashboard automatically and also to create a windows scheduler to run the batch file every 5 seconds.

I have also small query how to refresh the dashboard in access point without using qemc / server side settings.

because getting permission from admin team to automatic schedule the reaload for dashboard in access point 5 secs is very low.

So I need an alternative way, could someone please suggest me the ways?

I am attaching the sample app. Please suggest me

18 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sujeet for the post

unfortunately if I use /R dashboard is not getting reload it could only open the application its not getting reloaded and also new data is not  appealing.

if I use /L the new data is appealing but qlivkiew instance exists on the screen.

Kindly suggest

vikasmahajan

see this

and https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5412

and

https://community.qlik.com/message/157373#157373

Hope this solves your problem

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi John ,

You can create Script like this . Please check the attachments.

&

Create A task in the task scheduler as for your reloading time basis.By this reload dash boards on access point get automatically updated as of last reload time. Once you refresh your browser.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello all

thanks for the replies

I was using the same batch file syntax to reload the dashboard , but unfortunately my dashboard is not reloading with new data/records and even not giving error.

My major concern is with batch file to reload the dashboard, that is not happening with the line

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "C:\QlikviewApplications\dynamic.qvw" 

Exit

any suggestions on this pls

vikasmahajan

Did you check with log file ?

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Is there any error message or can u please check once the sources of the application you mentioned in batch file are correct .

HirisH
Not applicable
Author

Hi john,

are you running via service account?? when you run batch file manually,is it working fine??othrwise try  EDX

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

hi john can you attach your bat file  if possible .

HirisH