Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Behavior of Locked Selections

Scenario:

I have a list box of days (1-31). If I select days 20-22 and lock the selection I am now viewing data for the 20, 21, and 22. Great.

Now lets say i want to drill down further by hour so I select hour 7.

Result:

Even though I locked days 20-22 my selection of hour 7 removed my locked day selection because data only exists on day 21 for hour 7.

Expected Result:

I have the chart object configured to not suppress zero values so I am expecting the chart (displaying days of the month) / qlikview to not modify my locked days selection and still show me days 20,21,22 but since data does not exist for days 20 and 22 to show 0 values for those days since they are locked selections.

Does that make sense? Is there any way to force qlikview to achieve this type of behavior? One would think this is how the locked selection behavior should react to a locked selection.

The only current solution that I can come up with is to utilize the 'display all values' option on the chart dimension which is not ideal.

Thanks!

Jacob

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jacob,
I see two separrate questions here.
1. Behavior of locked slections.
It is correct. When you lock selections, you in effect prohibit to slect (directly or inderectly) values that are outside of the selections. In your example, it will not be possible to select day 15. Also, if hour 5 doesn't exists in days 20 to 22, you cannot seelct this hour. Also, take a look in Current Selections - even if you see only day 21 after selectiong hour 7, it will show you that days 20 to 22 are selected and locked.
2. To see 0 values in days 20 and 22, the expression should be able to return 0's. I'm 99% sure that in your case the result for these days is null.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Jacob,

try selecting "SHow all values" checkbox on the "Dimensions" tab - it should force all values of the Dimensions, even if the expression data doesn't exist.

good luck!

Oleg

Not applicable
Author

I want to show message if selection fails because of locked fields.

Pleasee help

Regards

Pramod Kumar