Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Big Data Text problem: Can I create a QVD behind the scenes with match() result?

I have 6+ million rows of text data (5+ GB) and I am matching the data with multiple key words. It is looks great in the dashboard. But switching key words in the dashboard causing performance issues due to size of the text.

The question is can I extract match results to QVD? By that my end users just use that QVD dashboard instead of maneuvering 6+ million rows every click?

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

String comparison would be always (very) slow. Therefore it's better to use numeric-matches in this way that you creates multiple normal flag-fields which contain 0 or 1 and/or combined flag-fields which contain unique sums for certain matchings - maybe you could find here some hints: http://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=multiple+flag.

Also could it be helpful if you could restrict the calculation with additional filters to certain areas or periods or similar - maybe per set analysis expression.

- Marcus