Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leenlart
Creator
Creator

Binary load not loading new tables

Hello,

I've inherited a Qlikview app that loaded multiple labels from the invoices.  So as time went on and clients or articles changed names, the app would show multiple lines for a specific item or client because of its multiple labels. 

The app uses a first qvw (we'll call it technical.qvw) to load the data from the two sources, then there is a binary load to the user app (we'll call this one user.qvw). 

In my technical.qvw I've created three new tables with code and label for the three dimensions that have labels that seem to change over time.  These tables are linked to the invoices table etc, and everything looks great in the technical.qvw, and tests out correctly. 

The first line of the script in the user.qvw is a binary load of technical.qvw.  Then there are a couple variables created and two adhoc tables. There is no section analysis. 

Simple right?  Mmmm, aparently not, because the three new tables are not showing up when the user.qvw is loaded. 

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If they are not in the table Viewer, thay are not loaded into user.qvw.

You have to reload technical.qvw first, save it and keep the same name.

Then do a reload of user.qvw, this is straight forward, should work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Sounds ok, where do they not show up, in table Viewer? Because thats the only Place where you will find them.

leenlart
Creator
Creator
Author

The tables don't show up in table viewer, but more importantly the fields don't show up in the available fields for an object.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If they are not in the table Viewer, thay are not loaded into user.qvw.

You have to reload technical.qvw first, save it and keep the same name.

Then do a reload of user.qvw, this is straight forward, should work.

leenlart
Creator
Creator
Author

Arghg, I found my error, it was a dumb rookie mistake that I should have seen earlier! 

I didn't change the path in the binary load to point to the test directory where I've been testing my changes.