Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Binary load with variables

while doing binary load ,variables are loaded not?

10 Replies
nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

No, variables wont come through when you do a binary load.

You can use the below solutions instead to ge the variables from one document to another.

you can load variables into a table in the source document and then retrieve them from the table (using peek()) in the target document.

You could use an include file to hold the variable definitions and then call the include file in both QVWS.

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Binary load just loads the data nothing else.

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you want to reuse variables you should consider loading them from an Excel Sheet.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

This is from Qlik help

The binary statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, including section access data. It does not load the layout information or variables. Only one binary statement is allowed in the script and it can only be put as the first statement of a script.

Asad_Ullah23
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, I am using Peek as the guys recommend but the variable not updating after the binary load:

Asad_Ullah23_0-1689948105182.png

marcus_sommer

At first make sure that no other table exists which has the same data-structure as DateTable because this load wouldn't create the table else the records would be added to the existing table.

Further the syntax of peek() isn't quite right because the field-name as well as the table-name needs to be wrapped with single-quotes, like: peek('F', 0, 'T').

Beside this I assume that DateTable contains just a single record. In this case you don't need the variable-stuff else you could just refer to the fields itself.

Another consideration may go to the aspect if the referenced date-information shouldn't be already included within the master-calendar.

Asad_Ullah23
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks, Marcus for your answer.

I tried this way because the dashboard is built with variables so it has been used in so many places, so I thought to only change at the variable level ad rest with fit with that, but it is not happening, because the variable contains the value of day I publish the dashboard as binary and going forward variable not synch with date table value, even though its today date only but it is not updating in binary load case, Peek syntex working fine in my other server where binary load not happening, but I will give another try with your suggestion.

Thanks

marcus_sommer

I'm not quite clear what you want to achieve. Your variable-values will be only updated if the source-qvd as well as dashboard are refreshed - which means it has to be scheduled on a daily level to get always an current value.

Asad_Ullah23
Contributor II
Contributor II

My purpose is very simple to update the variable value on a daily basis, and for that purpose, my dashboard reloads every day, but unfortunately, the variable value is not updating according to the date table value on a daily basis.

Thanks, Marcus