Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Book by packtpub on QlikView scripting

Hi,

I am always looking at possibilities to enhance my capabilities with Qlikview. I regularly browse the books they have at packtpub, and I have fixed my look a bit on the book "QlikView  scripting".

<=> However, I already have the "QlikView 11 for Developers" that's also available there for about four times the price

==> In the sample_chapter I could look into there, I did not see anything that the former book would not tell me about.

=> Can anyone here draw a comparison between the two books and thus tell me whether it's worthwhile to purchase that - OR

=> tell me a better alternative to specifically learn about scripting in QlikView?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

9 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

There are many books available for Learning QlikView.

1) Hello QlikView - Useful if you are very beginning learner

2) QlikView 11 for Developers - Must have this book if you have basic knowledge and wants to improve yourself with practical example

3) QlikView Scripting - If you want to enhance your QlikView Script Knowledge

4) QlikView Server and Publisher - As name stated

5) Practical QlikView - Basic Knowledge

6) QlikView for Developers Cookbook - Must have book for some good technique on Scripting and UI side

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Manish,

thanks for that.
<=> If I have already read and internalized the "QlikView 11 for Developers", is "QlikView scripting" going to tell me anything new?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you have Qlikview 11 for Developers I wouldn't buy Qlikview Scripting. There's little new in the latter that isn't covered as well or better in the former. But the Qlikview for Developers Cookbook I can recommend. And Learning QlikView Data Visualization is also a good book.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks!

That's what I was looking for.

The one on Data Visualization is not an option because - afaIk, it might be different going forward, we have a new top_boss - we are bound in terms of visualization and layout by so many standards that we've pretty much maxed out our possibilities. I will, however, talk to my direct boss about that Cookbook.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

As Gysbert suggested is true, but I purchased when there was 75% discount in last year Christmas...

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Manish,

I am learning Qlikview Server Which is best book and tutorials

Please guide me

Thanks In Advance

Niranjan

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

I don't have much Knowledge on server side but you can start a new thread and may be get reply from other members

Not applicable

Can any one let me know from where we can order these books from on line..any link???

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

There is a Book by Packt Publisher...

QlikView Server and Publisher....

But without practical experience on Server or Publisher it's incomplete....