Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpressey
Creator
Creator

Bookmark Names & IDs

What is the easiest way to view Bookmark IDs and their names?

15 Replies
mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

I was able to open in Notepad++ and at least find some of the bookmarks listed. I did not find all the bookmarks in the audit log. And of course I can't really see what the bookmarks are comprised of.

Mike

mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

Is Power Tools relatively simple to download an utilize? Any nuances to be aware of?

Mike

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can download the latest power tools here:

Power Tools for QlikView - One-stop-shop

The nuance is that the current version of QvServerObjectConnector not support .tshared files, only .shared files.  If you are using the .shared format, download and unzip the power tools. Follow the instructions in the QvServerObjectConnector\ReadMe.rtf to install. It's as smile as copying a few files.

-Rob

mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

Does Power Tools need to be installed on the QV server?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can unzip the power tools to your desktop.  If you want to use the QvServerObjectConnector, it must be installed (per the instructions) on the machine where the reload runs.  So if you run the reload from QV Desktop, install it there.  If you run the reload as a server task, install it on the server.

-Rob

mpressey
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks. We just updated to 12.2 last week. So according to the compatibility matrix some of the tools are not yet available for use with 12.2. I'll have to find a workaround for my initial issue of determining server bookmark values.

Mike