Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld online is next week! REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gusttmarquez
Contributor
Contributor

Books for QlikView 12

Hello everyone !

Sorry if my question is dumb or something, but i've been searching for books to mastery QV12, and i always find books to QV11, like QlikView 11 for Developers.

I saw people saying that are such small differences, but i want to be certain wich book i'll buy (those books are expensive in my country). I have a beginner experiencie with QV (started in a new BI job using QV12) and already made some Udemy courses that helped me a lot.

I always saw these books in topics, and read this topic Books and literature:

QlikView 11 for Developers

Mastering QlikView

QlikView for Developers Cookbook

Is It too old for use nowadays ?

(ps: sorry about my english)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, the differences between QV11 and QV12 can be neglected if you learn QlikView.

I would start with the first book in your list, though I think there is a newer edition, just called 'QlikView for developers' (June 2017, I think). Not sure, but I think there is even a spanish edition (guess you might be interested in).

Too bad you've just missed the 5$ e-book campaign by Packt Publishing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, the differences between QV11 and QV12 can be neglected if you learn QlikView.

I would start with the first book in your list, though I think there is a newer edition, just called 'QlikView for developers' (June 2017, I think). Not sure, but I think there is even a spanish edition (guess you might be interested in).

Too bad you've just missed the 5$ e-book campaign by Packt Publishing.

gusttmarquez
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the response Stefan !

I'll start with the new one that you mensioned (QV for Developers by Garcia and Barry) so.

Actually i'm brazilian, and portuguese version would be perfect hahaha

Thanks again my friend !

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Check the revised version of Qlikview for Developers published last June, it is based on QV12

https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/qlikview-developers