Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III

Break lines in (Pivot) Table.. How?

Hi Everyone,

I need some help with presentation of data from two tables, Dossiers and Claims. A Dossier can hold a number of claims and I want to totalize damages per dossier. The field Recourse is only available at Dossier level. To clear this up, here's a diagram of my tables:

Tables.PNG

I want to make a list on the screen (which can be exported to Excel) which would look like this:

Breaklines.PNG

As you can see, each group of claims is preceded by a single line showing totals for those claims.

What's the best way of achieving this?

Any help would be very welcome!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Export the basic data to Excel and do the rest in Excel. Qlikview is not a spreadsheet application. Trying to use Qlikview like a spreadsheet is going to be extremely cumbersome.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Export the basic data to Excel and do the rest in Excel. Qlikview is not a spreadsheet application. Trying to use Qlikview like a spreadsheet is going to be extremely cumbersome.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
hansdevr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, you're right of course, but there are so many tricks in QV I haven't as yet discovered, that I thought it was worth the while to ask...

Bedankt, Gijsbert!