Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Budget Value in Combochart

Hi,

is it possible to just keep the "top" value not the Whole curve in my Combochart?

I just want to have a Topline for my budgetvalue. A symbol like dot or a squares is not good enought. Maybe possible With two bars or something, just tell me. I dont want the "blue" part.

budget.GIF

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use a bar chart with an additional expression: =1. Choose Stacked as Subtype on the Style tab. Click on the + in front of the original expression, choose Background color and enter =argb(0,0,0,0) in the field to make the segment totally transparent. On the Presentation tab set the Cluster Distance to 0. You'll get something like this:

c234863.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hi gysbert,

that will Works if it is only 1 Expression and is a smart way to do it, but I have 2 Expression allready, if use stacked, all 3 will be stacked.

In this case I have to stack 2 of my values Budget and the additional 1 Expression. Is there any another "twist" to fix that?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

This is how it looks like, the dotted is the stacked Budget value on top of the sales.

Budget2.GIF

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You may be able to do it by using the offset property of the expression (in Properties | Expression). The first bar offset value would be the value you desire for expression 1, and the value should be a small value (=1) to create the bar. The second bar offset should be the difference between the expression values and the value again should be a small value.

I am not sure what happens if you mix positive and negative offsets in a bar chart. If the above is not working for that reason, you may need to use RangeMin/RangeMax to get the smaller expression/offset first and colour the bar conditionally using the background colour property on the Properties | Expressions to colour the bars.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Same difference. Just add as many expressions as you need and give each expression the background color you think it needs.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand