Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tschullo
Creator III
Creator III

Budget Vs Actuals Graph

I am trying to graph my actual sales vs budgeted sales.

I have a table with the budget per customer per month.

I also have a table with my actual sales data with a date from which I created additional columns in that table including month.

I would like to show the YTD budget as a linear graph along with the actuals as line (or bars) in the same chart.

I am able to do this by two charts with one transparent above the other, but was wondering if there was a way to do it in one chart.

The problem is that I have no links between the expressions required in one graph to the other, so I can't use one dimension that covers both, at least not as my data model stands.

Any ideas?

13 Replies
tschullo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, that worked. Now I just need to replace my numbers with a month abbreviation in the axis.  I have that in a Month field with 1=Apr, etc, should I just add Month to my budget Table and use it as a dimension rather than Period?

DBCapture3.PNG.png

Nicole-Smith

Yup, that should work since the tables are linked properly now.

tschullo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!

Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I like to analyse the Target and Current Revenue.Below is the scenario,

Current Revenue per month- 80,000

My target -1,00,000

Travelling Expenses-10,000

Electricity Charges -3000

Other Expenses    -1000.

My Questions is that:

I have a Gauge Chart where One end will display the Current Revenue and opposite will display the Target which I want to achieve.i have three slider control in which Travelling expenses amount,Electricity charges amount and Other Expenses amount are assigned.

If i decreases the Expenses in slider, then automatically my Current Revenue have to increases and

should moves to the target.How can i do this.Please give me the code to do it.Please help me.