Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praijmakers
Contributor
Contributor

Bug QV12.30 Binary load and wildcards

Hello All,

Not sure how to report bugs so i just started this topic. The following: I have a qlikview application with binary load in qv 12.30 (only binary load no further additons to the data). The wildcard function for expressions does not work, it always gives the value 0.

Here the expression i am using:

sum({<Code={'VK*'}, Source= {'result'}>} amount).

In version 12 it turns up €0,-

When i use the same expression in the original load application (not the binary) it also works just fine. Also when i open the exact same binary load application via a Qv.exe of version 11 then i do get the right value. 

Anyonelse experience the same issue? Is there a better place reports a bug like this?

Best regards,

Peter

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

This is not really a bug, the opposite in fact, and is not related to binary loads. In this version of Qlikview an old bug has finally been fixed: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Quotes-in-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1471824

The single quotes in set analysis now really indicate a literal string and can no longer be used for a search. If you replace the single quotes in your set analysis expression with double quotes it will work again: sum({<Code={"VK*"}, Source= {'result'}>} amount)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

mrybalko
Creator II
Creator II

• Double quotes: Case insensitive search where * and ? are interpreted as wildcards
  • Single quotes: Case sensitive string match where *, ?, =, > and ~ all are treated as any characters

Link

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

This is not really a bug, the opposite in fact, and is not related to binary loads. In this version of Qlikview an old bug has finally been fixed: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Quotes-in-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1471824

The single quotes in set analysis now really indicate a literal string and can no longer be used for a search. If you replace the single quotes in your set analysis expression with double quotes it will work again: sum({<Code={"VK*"}, Source= {'result'}>} amount)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
mrybalko
Creator II
Creator II

• Double quotes: Case insensitive search where * and ? are interpreted as wildcards
  • Single quotes: Case sensitive string match where *, ?, =, > and ~ all are treated as any characters

Link

praijmakers
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Gysbert,

My confusion on this being a bug or not, arose due to the fact that the original load application (while opened in QV12) did accept the single quote wildcard expressions and the new binary load application did not. But i read the blog you posted and see that they kept the "old single quote logic" active in documents that originated from older versions of qlikview.

Good to know! thanks.

Best regards,

Peter