Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator

Built a Pie in a straight table

Hello,

Is it possible to build a pie in a straight table ( see attachment)

I have a straight table with one Dimension (CompanyNumber) and 5 expressions:

1) Sum(BudgetAmount)

2) Sum(ActualAmount)

3) Sum(ActualAmount) - Sum(BudgetAmount)

4)  if (Sum(BudgetAmount) > 0, Sum(ActualAmount) /  Sum(BudgetAmount), 0)

5) If ((Sum(BudgetAmount) - Sum(ActualAmount))/ Sum(BudgetAmount)> 0, (Sum(BudgetAmount) - Sum(ActualAmount))/ Sum(BudgetAmount), 1)

If I create a Pie, I use 4 and 5 to build the two Pie-parts, so 4 + 5 is the hole pie

I had created a straight table and a trellisbox with pies for every Company one pie.

Now my Managers wants that I integrate the pies into the straight table. But I don't know how I can do that with the expressions I have,

even don't know if it is possible at all

So I could use some help

Thanks in regards

Court

15 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Court,

Is it working OK in your example? In mine I couldn't get the pie values to differ so each pie chart was the same.

Basically in your case because the pie will always add up to 100% you just need the one expression to tell it where the next segment should start. The first segment is 'assumed' to be 100% less your formula if that makes sense

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Adam,

it's not working in my example:

I have limited my Dimension: only the 8 best are shown, so I have a rest.

if I have a rest of 10% or a rest of 40%, the pie looks alway the same. I think the problem is that you don't have two expressions like normal pies have.

Court

andreina
Contributor
Contributor

I think it´s impossible to adjust dynamically the segment lower bound depending on the dimension (at least through Set Analysis, due to Set Analysis takes effect in a chart-level, but not in a row-level)

Did you find another way to do it or the answer is directly "not possible" 😞

Thank you,

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I didn't have any further time to look at this unfortunately  but I suspect it isn't possible

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Andreina,

Like Adam, I have discovered that it is not possible. a gauge turned over in a pie (like adam did) is as a small chart not possible because the expression has always the same answer.

I tried to bring in the expressions from a normal gauge /pie in to a small gauge/pie and it didn't work

andreina
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Andreina