Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button Creation from External Image

Is there a way to create buttons out of other images besides what QlikView provides? My idea is to find some images of the United States - by state or by a specific region - and be able to do something like a heat map where i could scroll my mouse over a shape, "that state" would highlight as a different color, and click on it. Then i would be transferred to another tab of data or either a caption would show, etc. I believe this has been done before but i am unsure how to go about it. Any ideas or feedback on this?

Thanks for your time!

Parrish

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

I think you can't do it so seamlessly interactive 😃 The problem is that by default there is no mouseover/leave event.

I can suggest three different ways:

1) You could use Map-image as a backgroud for bottom-lying text object. Then just place transparent text objects on top layer and set corresponding actions. It is suitable if you don't want to involve all the states, otherwise it's too complex to create and manage.

2) Or you could create a scatter chart with map-image as a background and place transparent bubbles in corresponding positions for each state (state field as dimension and x-pos and y-pos on map as expressions, also the size of bubble could be different for each state). Then just add an action for the state field to trigger tabs.

3) You could write/use some geo-map extention object that is suitable for selecting the regions on map.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

I think you can't do it so seamlessly interactive 😃 The problem is that by default there is no mouseover/leave event.

I can suggest three different ways:

1) You could use Map-image as a backgroud for bottom-lying text object. Then just place transparent text objects on top layer and set corresponding actions. It is suitable if you don't want to involve all the states, otherwise it's too complex to create and manage.

2) Or you could create a scatter chart with map-image as a background and place transparent bubbles in corresponding positions for each state (state field as dimension and x-pos and y-pos on map as expressions, also the size of bubble could be different for each state). Then just add an action for the state field to trigger tabs.

3) You could write/use some geo-map extention object that is suitable for selecting the regions on map.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the knowledge. i appreciate it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Parrish Behles wrote:

thanks for the knowledge. i appreciate it.

Parrish,

To prove your appreciation, it would be nice if you mark the answer as "correct".  And click "like", so the whiteline gets the well deserved points