Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button Macros overwriting each other on the same report

Hi,

I have created a button on my Qlikview report with a macro to launch an external application. This works fine.

I am trying to add a new button with an associated macro - new name, new macro, new sub but it keeps overwriting the macro code of my first button macro.

Any ideas?

I am running Qlikview 8.5

Many Thanks

Sandy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The macro window is universal to the application, not the button. When you go into the macro editor, you need two subs. In your application, hit Ctrl+M to bring up the window and then enter both of your macro subs. Then go into your buttons and assign each sub to one button.

You can even click the Edit Macro button for one of your buttons and enter both macros. The thing that associates a macro with a button is the drop-down box.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The macro window is universal to the application, not the button. When you go into the macro editor, you need two subs. In your application, hit Ctrl+M to bring up the window and then enter both of your macro subs. Then go into your buttons and assign each sub to one button.

You can even click the Edit Macro button for one of your buttons and enter both macros. The thing that associates a macro with a button is the drop-down box.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks NMiller!