Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button action (select in field) with condition

Hi all,

I wonder if it´s possible to add a condition to select in field action? My problem is that depending on other selections, button action should select from different fields. Here is example:

Select in field:

Field = if(GetFieldSelections(Language)='English', KPIdimEN, KPIdim)

Search string = if(GetFieldSelections(Language)='English', 'Customer groupings', 'Something else')

I have tried above mentioned action but with no success. Or is solution to add multiple buttons with condition show? For example

1. button:

Field = KPIdimEN

Search string = 'Customer groupings'

condition show = GetFieldSelections(Language)='English'

2. button:

Field = KPIdim

Search string = 'Something else'

condition show = GetFieldSelections(Language)='Finnish'

My problem is more complex and I should add at least 6 buttons, that´s why I´m asking is there another way to solve this?

Thanks!

Suvi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, for Field expression quote the field name so if returns the string, not the value of the field:

Field = if(GetFieldSelections(Language)='English', 'KPIdimEN', 'KPIdim')

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this blog post will give you ideas: Handling Multiple Languages. Don't forget to take a look at the technical brief document in How to Handle Multi-Language Translations in QlikView.zip too.

If you want to do this with buttons and select in field actions (not recommended) see attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rubenmarin

Hi, for Field expression quote the field name so if returns the string, not the value of the field:

Field = if(GetFieldSelections(Language)='English', 'KPIdimEN', 'KPIdim')

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruben, I didn´t believe that solution would be that simple. Now my button works as I wanted.