Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button to include more selections

Hi!

Is it possible to create a button that ADDS one field value to the selections the user has made?

For example I have a field called Year and the user has selected 2012, 2013 and 2014. I want to have a button that when pressed 2015 will be added to the selections without deleting already existing ones. And then vise versa deletes ONLY 2015 when pressed again.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Heidi 

12 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

You can try with combination of getfieldselections() and Concat()

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
prieper
Master II
Master II

give it a try with the attached

HTH Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter!

Thank you this works when there is only one word in the value! But actually my field also has values that are type of 'A and B'. Aka with spaces between the words. I'm having trouble understanding where I should add the "-marks to get the expression to create correct form of string: ("A and B"|"A and C"|"B and C"). Could you make another example that would have this type of values with spaces as well?

Thank you!

Reg,

Heidi

hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Alternative states may help you.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

You can have a variable which will have all the selected values. Now another variable which will have value of the year to be selected.

Now you will have two buttons hidden over each other now

When you select the year 2012,2013,2014 then Button1 will be at top.

Button1 will have action of make selection in field all the selected value + the variable value 2015 and also an action to hide the Button1  and activate Button2.

Now Button two will have action to select variable values for selected vales and then an action to re-activate the Button1 .

simsondevadoss
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Actions->add->selection->toggle select -> MyDate_Y = 2015

avinashelite

please find the attachment for the solution

tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

if the desired effect is to just be able to click and unclick a selection maybe using a list box with 'led checkbox' style instead of multibox selection might be easiest

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I still have some problems with this one. Toggle select worked to get value added to current selections but still can't understand how to create the "opposite" action. When user has 2013, 2014 and 2015 selected the button would clear only the 2015 away. Now I have two buttons on top of each other the latter choosing everything BUT 2015 but this doesn't really work when the user has 2013 and 2015 selected and the button should clear only 2015 away instead of choosing 2013 and 2014.