Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_zitha
Contributor II
Contributor II

Buttons and Actions,

Hello, I am New to Qlik View so my knowledge of Buttons and Actions is limited.

I am trying to create a button with actions that will make selections on two different list boxes. each list box has charts that display information based on a selection made on a list box. how can I then do this, I tried searching and most solutions show button actions that affect one list box, not two or more.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ignacio_pena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Chris,

In the same button you can perform several actions at the same time. In this case you would have in the "Actions" tab to put the "Select in Field" option.
In this way you will make the selections in the chosen fields when you press your button.

Captura.PNG

A greeting,

Nacho

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Can you please explain more?

Not sure what you looking for but

In Buttons> Actions > Selection > Select in Field

use select in field twice if there are 2 filters...

Upon button selections, the values within that field gets activated but it would effect all the charts, since it is like making a selection in list box.

And I did not understand when you said you have 'Each list box has charts' ?

ignacio_pena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Chris,

In the same button you can perform several actions at the same time. In this case you would have in the "Actions" tab to put the "Select in Field" option.
In this way you will make the selections in the chosen fields when you press your button.

Captura.PNG

A greeting,

Nacho

chris_zitha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

You understood me correctly, when I create "field Selection" actionS, i want that field selection action to affect just one List box and not another one. and i was another action in the button to affect a different list box. for example...

I have Listbox1 and list box 2, I want to have a button with two actions, action 1 and action 2, action 1 must affect only list box 1, and action 2 must affect only Listbox 2. currently what is happening is that the button just executes action 2 on list box two only.

chris_zitha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

when I create "field Selection" actions, I want that field selection action to affect just one List box and not another one. and I was another action in the button to affect a different list box. for example...

I have Listbox1 and list box 2, I want to have a button with two actions, action 1 and action 2, action 1 must affect only list box 1, and action 2 must affect only Listbox 2. currently what is happening is that the button just executes action 2 on list box two only.

chris_zitha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank You, Sorry for the late response. Your suggestion works

chris_zitha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

what I also did is to set a variable and made the charts to Display information if the Variable value was Set. And it also worked