Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

CAL Issue in QlikView Server

All,

Good Day.

I am working on a QlikView server with license of 5 Named User CALs and 10 Document CALs.

I have used all these Named User CALs and used 7 Document CALs.

Last time when i try to provide a Document CAL for a QlikView file, i wrongly put a another User. (Now i have used my 8 Document CAL). I have tried to remove the USER CAL, but its not going and the number of Document CAL is not decreasing.

Is it possible to reassign the USER CAL to another user.

Also the same is applicable for Named CALs?

Kindly advise.

Thanks and Regards

RK

5 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

I think once you remove the name of user from Document or Named CAL it will go in Quarantine and will take 24 Hours!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you describe what you have done to remove the Document CAL, and at what information you are looking when you derive it has not been removed?

Besides a possible quarantine, I think there can also be confusion between allocating CALs to a document and finally to a user.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

For removing the CAL from a document, i went on QMC ->Documents->Document CALs, there i saw the user assigned there. i Removed that user from there.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, first idea: Have you applied the changes by pressing the appropriate button in QMC?

If yes, but still user is not removed:

Could you post a screenshot of the Document CAL tab for that document (where the information about allocated CALs and assigned users are shown)? And other tabs you retrieve the information that the user is still assigned?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

once u removed a document cal with out complition of 24 hrs .it will go to Quarantine mode after 24 hrs it will shown in your cals llist. default time of quarantine is 24 hrs we cant change it .