Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alvinford
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculate YTD

Hi All,

Please find the attached excel ..I have the dimensions and the amount column in the Excel.

I want to calculate the YTD but not successful . Can anyone help me in calculating the YTD for the dimensions mentioned.

Want to calculate the YTD at the script level , Tried it using the peek function but not successful ...

Kindly requesting your help on YTD calculation.

Regards,

Ford.

8 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Ford,

Pls check attached application that contain both static and dynamic calcultion.

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ford,

Look into the inyeartodate() script function, this will essentially return a '1' if it your date is in the Year to Date and a '0' if it isn't.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

alvinford
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Requesting your help on the YTD....

Regards,

Alvin.

suniljain
Master
Master

Pls check my posted application

alvinford
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Sunil,

I have checked your posted application, The problem is when I take the month as the dimension and value is not cummulated till the selected month. Can you please use the data provided by me and calculate the YTD.

Regards,

Alvin.

suniljain
Master
Master

I studied You data,

can you tell me one thing on which basis you want cumulation of data along with month and year.

Not applicable

Hi Ford,

There are multiple entries for each month which are not found to be differentiated by colums other than amount. check that and provide the same. Then we might a solution.

Regards,

-Karthik

alvinford
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunil,

I want cumulation on Month of every Year and for the dimensions also . When I click on a Year , Month and Particular dimension the value should be cumulative based on Year , Month & Dimension...

Regards,

Alvin.