Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculate the total spend of top N vendors, by vendor category

I'm currently working on a problem that has been taxing me for a while.

I am trying to produce a stacked bar chart showing the % spend of the top 10 vendors, % spend of the next 10 vendors and the remaining spend, by vendor category.

I can calculate the spend of the top N vendors but I have to include the vendor as a dimension in the chart, which defeats the purpose of what I am doing.

• Top 10 =IF(aggr(rank(sum([NET_Amount])),vndProclass_Lvl1,vndVendor_Name)<11,Sum([NET_Amount]))

• Next 10 =(IF(aggr(rank(sum([NET_Amount])),vndProclass_Lvl1,vndVendor_Name)>10,IF(aggr(rank(sum([NET_Amount])),vndProclass_Lvl1,vndVendor_Name)<=20,Sum([NET_Amount]))))

• Remaining = IF(aggr(rank(sum([NET_Amount])),vndProclass_Lvl1,vndVendor_Name)>20,Sum([NET_Amount]))

What I actually want is to have category as the only dimension and then three expressions, one for each bar segment but my current expressions rely on vndVendor_Name being a dimension.

E.g. Category | Total spend for top 10 suppliers | Total spend for next 10 suppliers | Remaining spend

Can anyone help me with this? It's really beginning to bug me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei attach is an example

the logic is ranking the vendor to group in calculated dimension

hope it helps you

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei attach is an example

the logic is ranking the vendor to group in calculated dimension

hope it helps you

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Use Range sum function in place of Rank function.

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Great! Thank you for your help!

I hadn't thought of the problem the same way but that has been very helpful.

Alex B.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Liron,

I have managed to use your suggestion and it works great, thanks. However I was hoping to show each segment of the stacked bar as a % of the total for that category. This means they should all add up to 100.

I thought I could just do the following within the expression in order to calculate each section as a percentage of the total for the category but it doesn't do what I anticipated.

= sum(NET_Amount) / Aggr(sum(NET_Amount),Category)

Any suggestions?