Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculated Dimension in a Drill down group not working as expected

Hello all,

i have this issue with time drill down group. I created a simple bar chart with YEAR, MONTH and DAY as a drill down group. But i have about 100 years of data, so i just want to limit this to only recent 5 yrs data. So, in the drill down group for all the 3 fields, i added a calculated condition. Here, the functionality is little unexpected. But, when i have no calculation condition and just the fields as it is, it is working fine.

Please look at the app and do select the YEAR 2012 and APR in both the charts and see the difference.

Did anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks

Vamshi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

why do you Need to define month and day also with condition year-1?

I removed this condition and only remained in year and

it works

Qlikview Shows which months/days are available when you select a year

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

why do you Need to define month and day also with condition year-1?

I removed this condition and only remained in year and

it works

Qlikview Shows which months/days are available when you select a year

sunny_talwar

Not sure what it is behaving the way it it, but may be instead of doing that in the dimension, do it in the expression using set analysis?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Just now figured out that. Yes if i remove the condition for MONTH and DAY, it is working as expected.

Thanks

Vamshi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the idea. This worked too. But it seems using set analysis is taking more calc time than the other solution.

calcTime.PNG

I thought the response of the set analysis approach will be faster, but in this case it isn't. So, i would probably go with calculated dimension for now.

Thanks

Vamshi

sunny_talwar

That works

I am glad you have your solution

Best,

Sunny

hcinar
Contributor
Contributor

i want to limit my dimension in a drill down group.For example i choose options in drill down group , 120 records are coming but i want to limit top 30 records.Is there any method about limiting number of records dynamicly in Qliksense ? It could be in drill down group or what else.