Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calendar Control over in Qlikview

Dear All,

I have a requirement, says in Qlikview Caledar object, I have in a month 4 days, next month 3 days, other 10 months 2 days of data. But i want to enable to user only those data having datas dates only not others, it should not select or user should feel that disabled data have no data is available in system.

Year -2011

Months:

04-Jan-2011

06-Jan-2011

23-Jan-2011

26-Jan-2011

03-Feb-2011,05-Feb-2011,09-Feb-2011,....11-Dec-2011,31-Dec-2011 Like this manner,But user should able to select these dates only other than these dates user can't.Regards,Ravi Kumar.

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Ravi Kumar,

The calendar object in QlikView has some limitations, being one of them that all dates are displayed with the same colors irrespective their actual value, so if you don't have date "05-Jan-2012" it will be displayed as any other date.

The same object can be used as a slider, where only the existing dates in the field will be shown. However, if you have several dozens of dates the size of the slider should be huge and will not fit into the screen.

So I'd use a simple listbox using the date field, so the user will only be able to select those dates that actually exist in the data model. Or three listboxes, one for year, another for month and another for day, that will only show up when the previous field has been selected so they show only actual months for a year and actual dates for a month selected.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,  Thanks for your  reply , as you suggested slider will not fulfill our requirement and other thing colour change of dates available for dates not available dates. Can you please let me know, how effeciently can u do it. Then that it will give idea on it. Regards,Ravi Kumar.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,  I got the solution. Thnaks..Ravi Kumar.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

Saw your post in search of solution to a similar problem, and thought i'd share a solution i'v figured out using QV11's new feature, the gridview container object! Containing 7 columns (for each day of the week), 1 row to list the 7 listboxes, each listbox using an expression to display the days for a specific day(eg Mon, Tue, etc) of a month, expression eg. if(Weekday(DayOfMonth)='Mon',DayOfMonth), using this expression in the listbox for each day of the week and adding them to the grid view container, looks exactly how a calendar object should look and maintains QlikView's  functionality of selections.

Hope this helps where necessary.

Nathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi, there. I am so occupied by this topic because I've got the similar problem as yours on the calendar control. Hope I can find more details for the utilizing of calendar like the calendar control tutorial. I wonder so much how did you get your problem solved.